Thursday, September 15, 2016

Summary after India trip

I am back from a 2 weeks holiday in India which was a well-deserved break from the mundane life in UK just enough to give me more perspective about my life and things I need to achieve over the next few years . Getting back to reality from a break is always difficult and hence I am trying to put this back into perspective and writing them down obviously helps

I started off this year with a goal to achieve small but significant achievements that would add value to my life and so far this year I have managed to have a few.

·         I have fulfilled my dream of having a flat for my parents in India, though much smaller than what I had expected but definitely a tick in the right direction.
·         Got permanent residence for UK which allows us to be in UK for as long as we wish , though might sound like a small deal , the process to get here has been quite elaborate
·         Got to spend some time with Anish’s family , though had been hectic was definitely a change from the normal life we are used to
·         Managed to make a few strides towards learning to swim , though nowhere close to swimming independently , I can safely say I can keep myself from drowning
·         Enrolled myself for a music class, though has been extremely hectic to include this into the schedule has been extremely stress relieving and enjoyable.
·         Pranav has evolved into a much confident 5 year old and he has started classes in keyboard, dance, Malayalam and continuing his swimming

Action to be taken

·         Learn to drive
·         Learn to cycle

·         Spend more time with Pranav focussing on his learning 

No comments: